segunda-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2012

The return to the undefined

We're made of highs and lows. We make mountains out of molehills and we disturb the wind with screams of war replaced by moans of eternal passion. We go back to war for power and leave everything that makes us human behind. This is the essence of the human that walks in this land. Blood-red sky, dark trees, enlightened minds with thirst for destruction and havoc, poverty rules these streets. It's an empty kingdom after all. The funny thing is I have a feeling I've been here before...
Ah, I remember it now. This is the kingdom of the forsaken, where the king-knight reigns, where I saw his smile for the first time and carved it in my memory. I have spoken of this land so many times, many more did I wish to return but never again did I lose myself and was able to come back. Now here I am. But there is no knight to greet me, no dark forest, no perils to endure along the way. All that I see before me is cold cement and an empty hill. The flag is still blown by no wind but the kind is no longer there. I approach the same spot where I once sat and look to the other side of the hill. What I see is only devastation, a war that left our world and continued on this.
I walk further, I enter a city with sky-scrappers built of broken glass and corroded iron. No soul to be found, no king or knight to explain this sight to me. No one to guide back to my own world. This is a frightening thought. Fortunately it's interrupted by a shout of a familiar voice:
"Get out of there, they'll see you."
I look back and inside a building there he is, the knight with his usual blank expression but looking a bit more tired, as if had aged.
- "What happened here?" - I ask him.
"Everything was given and all was taken."
- "Taken by who?"
"Everyone. My king showed it all, sea and sky, even the trees. He let them in, it was their time. And they took it all. Even the birds."
- "Is he still alive?"
"I am" - he slowly approach us from the shadow behind the knight - "I have to say that your appearance provokes both sorrow and joy. Your presence is such and earthly sight, specially after the devils that have taken over my great kingdom."
- "What devils? Who are they?"
"They are of your time. But they are not of your kind. These man dream of machines, war and death."
- "But who ar-"
"You must go back now. Back from where you came. This is not your place nor your fight. Your purpose here exists no longer and a new one is yet to be created. Go back to your world and write tales of war where life ceases to exists. Take advantage of the fear you see here and give to the people in your world. Make it right for when you return I'll want to sit with you on the hill and talk of philosophy, life and love. Go quickly and return only when time stops for you and for you alone."
I came back the way that I walked, desolated for seeing such misery and desperate for a sight of that smile. I came back and wrote, feared and loved. I came back and I write now with the purpose to come back to that hill, to see his kingdom his once again. I'll wait my time and hope for it to be enough to restore sanity into is weary head.

Sem comentários: