quarta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2010

Beneath the warmth of the Sun

"Blessed you are, children, for you do not see the lies your friends tell you and you're blind to the horror of the world where once you fall asleep, you never wake up again. Keep on crying for soon your tears will be deceit and life will be the game you play and manipulate at your will, with your mind. Whether you have it and you can use it or not, that is a theme that I'm not willing to discuss. Dream those smiles and smile while you dream for innocence isn't willing to become a lifetime opportunity of happiness. Enjoy those nightmares while you can because in no time your own life will seem like a nightmare, where friends use friends and then toss them aside. Live on endlessly through memories of coloured lifes, counting sheeps to fall asleep, waking up to the warmth of the Sun. Eventually that will all seem a dream itself, when everyone that you know is gone, including yourself."
The river casually walks by in another summer afternoon. I lay down by the riverside, the summer breeze greeting me as a good friend should. Leafs singing an enchantment of protection upon the land they fall. Even now, eyes closed, peace all around me, I can't feel at ease. I've been trained to kill, living with the objective of dying. I'll always be aware of what surrounds me. Even if my country is at peace and my friends are all dead, I can't rest. So I look up to the blue skies, the clouds passing by. So far away, the sky, the peace. My friends that found rest under the earth have no place to see immortality go by. No Heaven, no promised land, no judgement. And where lies the truth and fairness of life? I'm still searching for the balance here. I've taken so many lifes, my own life spared by the hands of something I don't even know. This reality should be nothing more that fire and ashes.
At the other side of the river I see a girl walking, simply looking into the ground, body present, soul where it belongs. Blonde hair flying, a sad expression in her face and enough solitude to bring the Sun down to Earth. I can't even avert my eyes when she looks at me. Her green eyes are a world to me and in a second her solitude turns to energy and happiness. As if a broken mirror, at the other side of this river is the reverse of me. She smiles so calmly, strangely putting me peaceful. I'm an embarrassed boy looking at her, I'm not myself at all. I regain power over myself as I see her cross the bridge. Lost, paralysed, speechless, I watch her approach me without a clue of what to say, how to behave. I can't even remember my name...

Sem comentários: