segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2011

A walk through the undefined

A doubtful summer night, walking through the mist, under the warmth left by the day and the cold of the rain that fell with the fog, wondering about life conjectures and conjurations, left between the gap of existence, I discovered myself on the other world where I found a man dressed like a knight that said to me:
"In life I served my king, in death I serve my King."
- "You're a fool then." - I answered the knight. No sight of life in his eyes, no motion did his face make, only this he said to me:
"In life I served my king, in death I serve my King."
- "Who is your king then?" - I asked, intrigued by this knight passion for his king.
"My king has no name nor kingdom, he is but a master of his own self."
- "Yet you serve him."
"Without any second thought."
- "Then what does this King have to conquer you loyalty so?"
"Everything... and nothing."
- "Then even here, in the land of the forsaken, he has land and army? Power and influence? The right to act as judge and servant to God?"
"No."
- "Then what does he have?"
"Everything... and nothing."
- "Take me to your king then, I wish to know him."
We wondered through dark paths that I wouldn't ever venture by myself. Through ruptures and forest of dead trees, burnt flowers that sadden the soul and animals rotting before my eyes, an image of desolation and devastation was presented to me. All that to take in one time and to seal inside forever. Long was the time we walked, though we found perils that would scare to death the most fragile mortal and bring out the courage of the most noble knight we did not stop until we found a hill.
"There..." - The knight stopped and gazed. At the time I thought I saw a sparkle in his eyes but whatever was there was gone as fast as it came.
The hill was dark with a silhouette of a man on the top, sitting on the floor side by side with a flag that flew with the blow of no wind. The skies were red and he was a mere shadow.
" My lord, I present to you a stranger that fell into our side" - The knight was near the king when I saw him again. I wondered how much time did I gaze at the king.
- "Come mortal, sit with me and watch immortality at it's decadence" - I walked to the top of the hill and sat besides the king, looking back at the dead forest.
- "Everything you see, everything you saw in your passage here is mere illusion. You will fall back to your own world. Take your time here, stars and Moon don't grace us with their presence so no time is wasted on your side. Watch and absorb wisdom and fear." - the king was an old man with a tired expression and grey eyes that watched the unknown like it had nothing new to present to him. Even his clothes were worn out. In life this king would pass by a common street beggar.
- "Your knight speaks of great respect and loyalty for you."
- "My knight you say." - the king smiles - "He's neither my knight, servant nor friend." - then he showed a face of so much sadness and solitude that no world could contain it.
- "Then who is he?"
- "He is me. Part of my soul, part of what I was, something that as a child I wished to be and as an old man I remembered I was. Something that now eludes my knowledge as well as it completes it." - At this time the knight had disappeared. - "He is off again to find some new lost soul to guide here."
- "And what is this place?" - the king looked directly at me, anger burning in his eyes.
- "YOU ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS YET YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE!" - scared and only thinking of retreat I distanced myself from him. Then I stopped and answered:
- "Nor do I have somewhere where I belong nor do I know what this place is to know if I belong or not here" - The king calmed down and looked at me like a father looks his son when he is born. He smiled and answered:
- "This is no place for you yet. One day, one dark and sad day, everyone will mourn, the whole living and dead world will mourn. In that day you will belong here and I will guide you back to this place, where you'll sit besides me as you do now and rule this place by my side. But now... now you're destined to enlighten people with your words and smile. Give them worlds that they never knew existed. Accomplish your fate and return here. I'll be waiting." - I got up and left, in a last glimpse I saw him smile.
Back in the mist I recognized my town, enlightened by the brink of dawn. I walked home and rested, wisdom was yet to be earned and conquered. In time, I'll see his smile again...

Sem comentários: